The Father of Waters Pipes and Drums is available for hire at various events ranging from fairs and festivals to weddings and funerals. For certain complex events, such as weddings or ceremonies, we need advance notice, especially if there are special tunes or sets that you want played. And for certain specific community events such as parades or fundraisers we are willing to perform for no charge, and if the event is one that will help us spread the word about our band, all the better. But - as with other events - we need as much advance notice as possible before a performance so that plans can be made by each member to attend and play. We have pipers and drummers all over the state, so getting us all together for a performance is a feat in itself, not to mention all the piping and drumming we do.
Before you contact us, do the following:
One very important thing for the hiring process is good communication. Do your best to stay in touch. It is our hope that our presence at your event is a memorable experience for you and for us. That is of utmost importance.
- Know the date, time, and location that you will need us.The farther in advance the better.
- Decide what you want us to play.If you are not sure of what to have played, we can probably choose something suitable. Also check our Band Repertoire page. This has a list of what we currently play. It also has MIDI files so you can hear an example of what the tunes sound like if you are not familiar with them.
- Decide how many of us you will want.You can get half the band or just a couple of pipers and a drummer at a lower rate if you so desire.
- Have a good idea of how much time you will need us.This is really important for gigs that are far away for us to drive. We'll need to plan the rest of our lives around this for a day.
- Let us know if there will be a rehearsal.This is especially important for weddings. If you want us at the rehearsal, we need to know that at the time of the booking, so we can plan for the extra time. In essence we will have to get the whole band together twice - for rehearsal and performance.
To help you decide what you want or need from us - whether it be the whole band or a single piper - we have made a list of tips for hiring a piper or pipe band. If you are not sure where to go from here, reading this first may help, but feel free to contact us with any questions. We can help you decide on things you're not sure about.
Contact Info for booking
For more on our rates and booking an event, please contact our Business Manager,J.B. Griffith - (601) 480-7225